For Indian nationals considering settling permanently in Canada, there are a variety of immigration routes. In fact, Indian nationals made up roughly a third of all new permanent residents in Canada in 2021. So, we go down the best ways to immigrate to Canada from India today in this post!
India has traditionally been a major source of immigration to Canada. From 39,340 in 2016 to 85,585 in 2019, the number of Indians who became permanent residents in Canada grew. Nearly 100,000 new permanent residents from India are expected to arrive in Canada by 2021.
While an Indian skilled worker may have to wait decades for permanent residence in the United States, Canada's immigration system permits talented employees to apply for permanent residence directly provided they meet the program's requirements. Permanent residency grants a person the right to live and work in Canada, as well as access to the country's universal healthcare and social services.
1. Express Entry Stream- It is an online, fast-tracking application system that ranks the candidates in the pool according to their CRS score and invites them to apply for the Canadian PR Visa. It is a management system for three federal economic streams:
2. Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPS)- Provincial Nominee Programs, or PNPs, are immigration programs run by each of Canada's thirteen provinces and territories. Because each province has its own population and economy, its immigration strategies are tailored to meet its economic and demographic demands.
PNPs are famous because they might be the easiest route to permanent residence in Canada for candidates who do not have enough CRS points to acquire an ITA.
Provincial Nominee Program immigration accounts for a significant share of Canada's total economic immigration. A total of 80,800 economic immigrants were set aside for individuals applying through the Provincial Nominee Program, out of a total of 232,500 targeted for 2021. In fact, in the PNP-specific Express Entry drawings in 2021, Canada issued three times as many invites as it did in 2020.
3. Quebec Skilled Worker - The province of Quebec has its own immigration policy for skilled workers. The Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW) is an immigration program run by the province of Quebec for people with skilled job experience who will be able to contribute to the economy of Quebec in the long run.
Candidates are ranked using a points system, similar to Express Entry, and then selected candidates are invited to apply.
4. Intra-Company Transfers / Work Permit Visa- Indian nationals may be eligible for a work permit in Canada. An employment offer is frequently required in order to obtain a work permit. Intra-company transfers, on the other hand, are an important exception.
If your employer is a multinational corporation with offices in Canada, you may be eligible for a quick transfer to one of their locations in Canada.
5. Family Sponsorship Visa- You may be eligible for Family Class sponsorship Programs if you have a qualifying relative living in Canada. Canada has a variety of immigration options that allow Canadians to sponsor their family members to immigrate to the country.
6. Canadian Study Visa- According to data from India's ministry of external affairs, more Indian students are choosing to study in Canada rather than the United States. Many Indian students choose to study in Canada because of the numerous job opportunities available both during and after their studies. International graduates with a Canadian certificate have a plethora of permanent residency immigration options available to them. A certain quantity of skilled work experience is also required for several of Canada's immigration programs. The majority of international student graduates in Canada are qualified to apply for a post-graduation work visa, which allows them to work anywhere in Canada and earn significant job experience.
Contact Nationwide Visas today and get your eligibility checked for the Canadian Immigration Programs. Call now and get a free counseling session.
Don't wait. The time will never be just right.
Our Happy Clients
Stay up to date with latest news