Nationwide Visas
Latest News
Latest Express Draw Invites Trade Candidates with CRS Score as Low as 357 for Canada PR Visa - 16th October 2019  | Skilled Candidates Invited in Latest Provincial Draw By Manitoba - 13th October 2019  | Province of Alberta Invited 374 Express Entry Candidates in The Latest Provincial Draw - 11th October 2019  | Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand Candidates Invited in The Third Provincial Draw by Saskatchewan - 9th October 2019  | Saskatchewan Invites Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand Candidates in The Second Round of Invitations in Two Weeks - 3nd October 2019  | 32 Candidates Invited in The Latest Skilled Worker Program Selection - 3nd October 2019  | 3,900 candidates invited in the latest Express draw to apply for Canada PR Visa - 2nd October 2019  | 224 Invitations Issued in Latest Expression of Interest Draw by Manitoba Provincial Draw - 30th September 2019  | Alberta Picks up Applicants with Scores as Low as 302 CRS Points - 28th September 2019  | 769 Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand Candidates Invited by SINP for Provincial Nomination - 26th September 2019  | Saskatchewn Expands in-Demand List with 200 Eligible Occupations - 18th September 2019  | Latest Express draw invited 3,600 candidates for Canada PR Visa with a decrease in CRS cut-off - 18th September 2019  | 294 Express Entry Candidates Invited By Alberta for Provincial Nomination with low CRS Score - 12th September 2019  | 360 Skilled Workers and International Graduates invited by Manitoba in the latest draw - 12th September 2019  | 3600 Express Entry Invited by Canada for Canada PR Visa in Latest Express Draw - 4th September 2019  |  Nova Scotia Invites 204 Express entry Candidates in Latest Labour Market Priorities Draw - 4th September 2019
Nationwide Immigration » Canada » Spouse Visa for Canada

Sponsor Your Spouse, Partner or Child for Permanent Residence in Canada

Sponsor your spouse, partner or child for permanent residence in Canada

Spouse visa comes under Family class Immigration programs. This allows families to reunite with their close family members and live together in Canada. It is one of the best ways to be with your spouse in Canada. This family class immigration gives an immigration pathway to the Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their parents and grandparents, dependent children and spouse or common-law partner. Government of Canada has always supported to keep families together whenever possible. For this, the Canadian visa office gives high priority to the family class immigration applications for processing.

Who is eligible to sponsor their spouse, partner or child?

Candidates will be eligible to sponsor their spouse, partner or child if they are:

  • Minimum of 18 years of age
  • A Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
    • Canadian citizen living outside of the country, they must show that they plan to live in Canada when a sponsored person becomes a permanent resident
    • The candidate will not be able to sponsor if they are a permanent resident living outside Canada
  • Able to prove that they are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • Able to provide basic needs to the sponsored person

Income Requirement

For most of the cases, there is no income requirement to sponsor their spouse or partner or dependent child. Following are the conditions that require showing funds to meet income requirements if:

  • Sponsoring a dependent child that has 1 or more dependent children of their own OR

Sponsoring a spouse or partner that has a dependent and their dependent child has one or more children of their own

Following income requirement table applies to all provinces except Quebec:

Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income (In CAD)
1 $24,949
2 $31,061
3 $38,185
4 $46,362
5 $52,583
6 $59,304
7 $66,027
7 or more, for each additional person, add $6,723

What are the different categories under Family Class Immigration?

Spousal Sponsorship Category

This category is a subsection of the Family class immigration category. Spousal Sponsorship Category provides a way to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner for Permanent Residence in Canada.

For to be able to receive a visa, both the Canadian citizen or Permanent resident (Sponsor) and the foreign national (Sponsored Person) must be verified /approved by Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Relationship between the sponsor and the sponsored person must fall under one of the following three categories:

  • Spouse – Person of opposite or same-sex married to the candidate
  • Common-law Partner – Person lived who have lived with the candidate in a conjugal relationship for a minimum period of one year
  • Conjugal Partner – Common law partner who is not able to live continuously with the candidate for one year, or a spouse who is unable to marry their sponsor legally because of marital status or immigration barriers

Note: Federal government of Canada recognizes Same-sex marriage, and same-sex marriage partners are eligible to apply under any of the above three categories, provided they meet all the requirements.

Outland Sponsorship

This category is for the sponsored partners who are living outside of Canada. For this outland, applicants can be living outside of Canada and can apply via Outland sponsorship. Outland Applicant is allowed to travel in or outside of Canada during the application process. Applications under this category are processed via the visa office of the applicant’s country of origin or where they are residing legally for minimum one year.

Inland Sponsorship

This immigration pathway gives another option to the Spousal/common-law sponsorship – Inland Sponsorship.  This category is for the couples who are living together in Canada and the foreign spouse/common-law partner who has a temporary status either as a worker, student or visitor. The sponsored person must be eligible for an Open work permit that allows them to work for an eligible employer of Canada while the application for sponsorship is in progress.

What to do after getting the Sponsorship for permanent residence in Canada?

Once the candidate is able to successfully get the permanent residence through the Spousal Sponsorship program, they are required to fulfill certain conditions:

  • Sponsor is responsible for the sponsored person for the duration of three years after the sponsored person becomes the permanent resident of Canada.
  • Immigrants who move to Canada as spouses are not allowed to sponsor a spouse for five years after receiving the Canadian permanent residence.

What are documents required to apply for Canada Spouse Visa?

Following are the set of document that is required in order to apply for Spouse Visa for Canada:

  • Proof of a valid marriage like a Marriage Certificate
  • Have to demonstrate that will live in Canada once the candidate’s spouse or common-law or conjugal partner becomes a permanent resident
  • Have to sign an agreement that confirms that the sponsor and sponsored person understand their mutual obligations and responsibilities.
  • Sponsor has to sign an undertaking agreement for providing basic needs of their spouse or common-law partner
  • Proof of relationship. It can be demonstrated by a Marriage certificate, frequent communication (letters, emails, and phone calls), Photos together or Joint agreements such as lease agreement and/or bank accounts

How the best immigration consultant can help you move to Canada?

Nationwide Visas is the premier name in the immigration industry with 11+ years of experience and a 100% success rate for visa approval. With two IRCC registered immigration consultants, we are able to provide our clients with top of the class services like job assistance, post landing services, etc. Give us a call now on 92-92-92-92-81 to talk our immigration experts and realize your dream move to Canada.

How can we help ?
Call +91-92 92 92 92 81
or Submit Below
24 Hour Response time

We Don't Deal In Work Permit

Agree I confirm that the information given in this form is true, complete and accurate

Client Review

Important Links

Show Less    Show More

Our Client's Testimonails
Nationwide Immigration Consultants

Looking Forward To Start Your PR Process?

Book Counselling Right Now

We Don't Deal In Work Permit