Canada is the second largest country in the world, it has a variety of significant tourist attractions with most of them being centered around regions – Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver/Whistler, Niagara Falls, Vancouver Island, Canadian Rockies, etc. Most of the big cities of Canada are world-renowned for their culture, diversity and many of the national parks and historic sites.
Having a Canada tourist visa allows the tourist to visit Canada for the purpose of relaxing and visiting the tourist attractions in the country on a temporary basis. The Canada tourist visa can also be termed as Canada visitor visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). The maximum period for which the Canadian tourist visa is granted is for six months.
What are the types of Canada Tourist visas?
Mainly there are two types of Canada Tourist Visa:
- Single entry visa
- Multiple entry visa
The common thing for both these types of visas are that they both are issued for a fixed amount of period and cannot be used after they are expired.
Talking about the single entry visa, it allows its holder to enter the country – Canada only once. If in case the holder is leaving the country and visits other places except for the United States and Miquelon, they are not allowed re-entry in the country. For the immigrant visiting the United States and Miquelon, they are not required to have a new visitor visa to return back to Canada.
In case for the multiple entry visas, its holder is allowed to leave the country and enter the country without any limitation for the duration of six months. Multiple entry visas are valid for up to 10 years, or one month before holder’s passport expires, whichever happened to occur first.
What are the eligibility criteria for Canada Tourist Visa?
For candidates to be able to eligible for a tourist visa, they need to prove the following things to immigration authorities of Immigration, Refugees & Citizens (IRCC):
- Applicant has a valid passport
- Needs to be in good health
- Must prove that they have enough financial resources to pay for the expense of visiting Canada.
- Applicant must have a residence outside of Canada or any other binding ties which will ensure, an applicant will return back to home.
- Must show the intention to leave Canada after the visit is over
- Must not pose any security threat
- Can be required to undergo a medical examination
- Must not possess a security risk to the country.
What are the steps to apply for Canada Tourist Visa?
To apply for the Canada tourist visa applying online is the best way for it. Some of the benefits of applying online are as follows:
- No courier fees or mail delivery time.
- Online applications may be processed more quickly
- Can avoid processing delays. In case the application is incomplete, it is returned back to the applicant.
- In case the applicant is required to provide more additional requirements, they can be submitted online.
- Can get updates on the status of the application directly with their online account
Now the steps to apply for Canada tourist visa online/offline are as follows:
- Step 1: Apply online for the Canada tourist visa. For to be able apply online, the applicant must have access to a credit card and a scanner or camera to be able to create e-copies of the supporting document.
- Step 2: Applicant needs to complete the tourist visa application form. The completed application must also include the barcode page. In case the applicant does not provide all the requested information, documents or fees the application will be rejected or returned.
- Step 3: In this step applicants needs to submit the processing fees. Fee can be paid via bank draft or certified cheque.
- Step 4: With the passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents which are mentioned in the checklist provided by the IRCC, also they provide with IRCC fee instrument and payment instruction, applicant needs to visit the nearest/local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC)
- Step 5: Applicant will then need to submit their completed application in CVAC and pay the service charges. Applicant will be given a receipt with a unique tracking number that will help in tracking the application process. They will also require to submit their biometric.
The tourist visa can also be extended. The applicant needs to apply for a visa extension before 30 days of the expiration of the original visa.
What are the required fees for applying for Canada Tourist Visa in 2019?
Fees requirement for a Canadian tourist visa are as follows:
- For Single entry visa: CAD 100
- For Multiple entry visas: CAD 100
- Extension of Canada Tourist Visa (temporary resident): CAD 100
How Nationwide Visas can help you to visit Canada as a tourist in 2019?
Fill our assessment form and start your journey for Canada tourist visa with the help of the best immigration consultant in India – Nationwide visas. Our immigration consultant will review your application will get in touch with you.