Whenever a foreign citizen wants to move to another country whether it’s on a temporary basis or permanent basis they will require getting their hands on a visa, which can be either be a non-immigrant visa for temporary residence or an immigrant visa for permanent residence.
Taking the case of the United States, if the immigrant wants to move to the USA on a temporary basis then they can apply for following visas depending on the reason for their visit:
- B1 Visa for immigrants visiting the USA for business
- B2 Visa for immigrants visiting the USA for tourism
There is also a case where the citizens of certain countries do not require a visa to visit the USA. The duration of these visits must be 90 days or less and the applicant must be able to meet all requirements of the visa – Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
For B1 visas, immigrants can apply for this visa if they are moving to the USA for consultation with business associates or attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference. Settling an estate or negotiate a contract can also be the reasons to apply for B1 visas.
Now, for the immigrants who are looking to visit the USA for tourism have to apply for a B2 visa. Following are reasons that are considered valid to apply for B2 visas:
- Vacation (Holiday)
- Visit with friends or relatives
- Medical Treatment
- Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
- Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
- Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree
There are also some travel purposes that are not permitted under a visitor visa and those reasons are:
- Paid performances, or any professional performance before a paying audience
- Arrival as a crewmember on a ship or aircraft
- Work as a foreign press, in radio, film, print journalism, or other information media
- Permanent residence in the United States
What is the process to apply for US Tourist Visa in 2019 from India?
B2 visas can be applied via the online process. Steps to apply for the visa can vary depending on the U.S embassy or Consulate. The Steps to apply for US tourist visa are as follows:
- Complete the online Nonimmigrant Visa application form (DS-160). The very first step is to fill out the online visa application. The candidate also needs to take the print of the application form confirmation page to be able to bring it in the interview. Photo also needed to be uploaded while completing the online form DS-160. All information must be correct in the form. For this candidate must get help from the immigration consultants that are having expertise in all the aspects of the immigration processes.
- After complete submission of the DS-160 form, the candidate must pay the fees for visa. Required fees for B1/B2 visas are $160. On the successful submission of the fee, the candidate is ready to schedule a visa appointment.
- Next step would be to schedule an Interview. Candidates within the age group of 14 to 79 years (some exceptions for renewals) will be needed to give interview as a part of the process. The consular officer may require an interview of any visa applicant. The candidate will need to schedule two appointments – one for the Visa Application Center (VAC) and one for the visa interview at the Embassy or consulate. In order to schedule an appointment at Embassy or consulate, the candidate will need the following information:
- Passport Number
- Date on which visa fees is paid
- Ten digit barcode number from DS-160 confirmation page
- Wait times for the interview process can vary depending on the location, season and visa category.
- At Visa application center appointment, a candidate will require to have a valid passport with the expiration six months after the intended stay of duration in the US. Confirmation page of DS-160 application, appointment confirmation page and one photograph as per US visa specifications in case the applicant is less than 14 years of age.
- After the photo and fingerprint being taken in VAC appointment, a candidate will then go for the interview in the US Embassy or Consulate. While visiting the embassy, a candidate is required to bring the following things with themselves:
- A printed copy of the appointment letter
- DS-160 confirmation page
- Current and all passports
- Supporting documents as per the visa type applied for
What are the required documents to apply for a US tourist visa in 2019?
Additional to the things mentioned above, the candidate is also required to present an interview appointment letter.
Candidates with original documents are preferred over photocopies and must have them while visiting the embassy. Documents that are needed by consulate or embassy are as follows:
- Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.
- Travel Itinerary and/or other explanation about the planned trip
- Letter from a current employer that shows the details like position, salary, duration of employment with the employer, any authorized vacation, and the business purpose, if any, U.S trip.Criminal/court records pertaining to an arrest or conviction anywhere
Additional documents can be requested by the embassy or consulate. These additional documents may include evidence of the purpose of the trip, intent to leave the United States after the completion of the trip and the candidate ability to pay all costs of the trip.
Nationwide Visas – the Best immigration consultant in India, will help you to complete your online application for US tourist visa and will provide you the best possible immigration pathway to visit the USA. Call us now on 92-92-92-92-81 and get a call from our experienced immigration consultant.