Nationwide Visas
Latest News
Canada invites 3,400 Express entry candidates in the latest express draw for PR Visa - 22nd January 2020  | Express Entry candidates with CRS score of 350 invited by Alberta for Provincial Nomination - 22nd January 2020  | Manitoba Invited 249 Immigrants for Provincial Nomination for PR Visa in Latest EOI Draw - 21st January 2020  | Express Entry Candidate with Tech Work Experience Invited in Latest OINP Draw for a Provincial Nomination - 16th January 2020  | Saskatchewans Second Round of Invitations Invites 234 Candidates for Provincial Nomination - 15th January 2020  | 308 candidates invited in latest Saskatchewan Express Entry and Occupation In-demand draw - 10th January 2020  | First Draw of Ontario in 2020 Invites Express Entry Candidates for A Provincial Nomination - 9th January 2020  | First Express Draw of the Year 2020 invites 3,400 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Canada PR Visa - 8th January 2020  | Manitobas First EOI Draw Of The Year 2020 Invites 186 Candidates - 8th January 2020  | Settlement Funds Updated For Express Entry Program In 2020 - 4th January 2020  | 595 Occupation In-Demand And Express Entry Candidates Invited In Latest Saskatchewan EOI Draw - 23rd December 2019  | Express Entry candidates in Advertising, Marketing or Public Relations Invited by Nova Scotia - 22nd December 2019  | Skilled Workers And International Graduates Invited in Latest Manitoba Provincial Draw - 22nd December 2019  | Drop-In CRS Score For Latest Express Draws - 19th December 2019  | Double Nominations for PR by 2022 for Ontario - 18th December 2019  | Latest Express Draw Invites 3,200 Express Entry Candidates for Canada PR Visa - 11th December 2019
Nationwide Immigration » UK Immigration » UK Spouse Visa

How to Apply for UK Spouse Visa 2019?

How to move to the UK to live with your family

How to move to the UK to live with your family?

Government of the UK has provided an immigration pathway to the immigrants who are looking to settle in the UK with their family members. Family visa is required for the immigrants who want to live with a family member in the UK for a duration of more than 6 months.

How to apply for UK Visa 2019 from India

There are two scenarios for the immigrants to apply for a family visa:

  • If they are applying from outside of the UK. The applicant can apply for the visa, if they want to live with their – Spouse or partner, fiancé or proposed civil partner, child, parent or relative who’ll provide long-term care for the applicant
  • If applying from the country itself, an applicant can apply to extend their stay with their family members in case they are already living in the UK in a family visa. Immigrants who are in the UK on any other visa can also switch to the family visa in order to live with their spouse/partner, child or parent.

Talking about extending the validity of the family visa, an applicant can extend or switch at any time before their current UK visa expires. In case the applicant is extending their visa to stay with the same family members, they will get only 28 days left on their current stay added to the new visa.


What are the fees requirement to apply for a UK family visa in 2019?

The following shows the fees that will be charged by the UK government in order to apply for the UK family visa:

Situation Apply outside the UK Apply in the UK
Joining partner, parent or child £1,523 £1,033
Each dependent added to the application £1,523 each person £1,033 each person
An adult who needs to be looked after by a relative £3,350 £1,033

In case, the applicant is looking to extend or switch the visa, they will be required to pay £19.20 for their biometric information that includes fingerprints and a photo.

UK government has also facilitated the immigrants with a feature that will allow them to get the decision within 1 working day – Super Priority Services. For this service, immigrants have to pay extra £800. This super priority service is not for the immigrants who are applying as an adult coming to be cared for by a relative.


Talking about the application processing time, in case the applicant has applied from outside of the UK, the decision is made within 12 weeks. For the applicant who has applied from within the UK, the decision is made:

  • Within 8 weeks of the application date (Standard Service)
  • Within 1 day of providing the biometric information (Super Priority Service)

There are some conditions where the application processing time can take much longer. These conditions are as follows:

  • The applicant is not able to meet the minimum income requirement
  • The applicant is not able to prove their knowledge of the English language
  • In case the applicant has to attend an interview
  • The applicant has not provided with all the evidence that the Home office needs
  • The applicant has some criminal conviction or another personal circumstance that needed to be reviewed


What are the different ways to apply for a UK family visa from India in 2019?

Immigrants can apply for UK family visa; with different was depending on the type of relation they are having with their family members. These relations are as follows:

Apply as a partner or spouse

In order to apply as a partner, both the applicant and the partner must be older than 18 years of age. Other than this, the partner must either be having a:

  • British Citizenship
  • Settled in the UK
  • Refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK

There are some certain conditions that are needed to be proved to apply as a partner or spouse. Applicants have to prove any one of the following:

  • That they are in a civil partnership or marriage that is recognized in the UK.
  • Must be living together in a relationship for at least 2 years at the time of applying for the visa
  • Applicant needed to be fiancé or proposed civil partner and they will marry or will enter into a civil partnership in the country within 6 months of their arrival.

Other than proving their relation, applicants are also required to prove that they have good knowledge of English and will be able to financially support themselves and their dependants. Depending on the permission granted to the visa holder, the maximum duration of stay is for 2.5 years or for 6 months if you are applying as a fiancée or proposed civil partner.

Apply as a parent

By this way, parents are able to live with their children who are already living in the UK and are leading an independent life. For this applicant’s child who is already living in the country, must be any one of the following:

  • British Citizen
  • Must have settled in the UK
  • In case applying in the UK, children must have lived in the UK for 7 years in continuity and would be not reasonable for them to leave the country.

Child can also be below 18 years of age and is not living an independent life, for which immigrants can also apply as a parent. For which the applicant, has to prove that they are taking an active role in their child’s upbringing and this can be proved by showing a letter from child’s:

  • A school that confirms that the applicant is taking them to the school or to parents meetings
  • Dentist confirming appointment being taken

Other than these requirements applicants are also required to prove that they have good knowledge of the English language and will be able to support themselves (applicant + child) financially without claiming public funds. Visa duration will be allowed for 2.5 years and after this applicant will be able to apply for a visa extension.

Apply as a child

For this, the applicant is able to apply as a child if only at least one of the parents is living in the UK has indefinite leave to remain or proof of permanent residence. Now, there are mainly two scenarios:

  • If Child was born in the UK: In this case, the child will get the same permission to stay as the parents. For this child can apply either:Be added to the parent’s next application as a dependant or can apply separately
  • If Child was born outside of the UK: In case the child is below 18 years of age, he/she must not be married and be financially supported without claiming public funds.For the child who is above 18 years of age, they can be added to their parent’s application as the dependants only if they have got permission to stay in the UK on a family visa and do not live an independent life.

Apply as an adult coming to be cared for by a relative

To be able to apply under this stream, the applicant must be living outside of UK and must need long-term care from a parent, siblings, grandchild, son or daughter who are currently are living in the country (UK) permanently. Now the relatives need to be one of the followings:

  • A British Citizen
  • Must have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or have proof of permanent residence
  • Must have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the country (UK).

With this, the applicant must prove all the below mentioned points:

  • The applicant needs long term care to do everyday personal and household tasks which can be because of reasons like illness, disability or age.
  • Care personal that is required is not available or is affordable in the country of the residence.
  • Care personal must be able to support, accommodate and care for the applicant without claiming public funds for a minimum of 5 years.
  • Applicant must be of above or equal to 18 years of age.

The duration of stay under this way will be:

  • Unlimited if the applicant has applied to join a family who is British or are settled in the UK for which the applicant will not need to apply to an extension of the visa.
  • For as long as the applicant’s family members stay in case they have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK

Apply on the basis of private life

For this, applicants need to apply on the basis of private life in case the applicant is already living in the UK. They just need to prove the following that they are:

  • Under 18 and are living in the UK continuously for a minimum of 7 years and it will not be reasonable to leave the UK
  • Between 18 to 24 years of age and have lived in the UK for more than half of the applicant’s life
  • 18 or over, and have spent less than 20 years in the country and will have significant problems in living in the country that they have to go to.
  • 25 or over and have been residing in the UK continuously for 20 years.

How Nationwide Visas the best immigration consultant will help you?

Nationwide visas are one of the well-established names in the immigration industry. With the experience of over 11 years and with a team of experienced immigration consultants, Nationwide visas provide their client with premier services. Call us now on 92-92-92-92-81 and get your journey started.

How can we help ?
Call +91-92 92 92 92 81
or Submit Below
24 Hour Response time

We Don't Deal In Work Permit

Agree I confirm that the information given in this form is true, complete and accurate

Important Links

Show Less    Show More

Our Client's Testimonails
Nationwide Immigration Consultants

Looking Forward To Start Your PR Process?

Book Counselling Right Now

We Don't Deal In Work Permit