What is the average salary in New Zealand 2023?
The average salary in New Zealand per month or year varies widely across industries, jobs, and geographical locations – alongside your age and education level. According to the latest figures, the average salary in New Zealand per month is 8,200 NZD or 97,300 NZD per year. As of 2023, the gross minimum salary in New Zealand is 21.20 NZD per hour.
Salaries range from 24,600 NZD to 434,000 NZD per year and include housing, transport, and other benefits. The median salary is 91,400 NZD per year, meaning that 50% of New Zealand’s population is earning less than 91,400 NZD per year – while the others earn more than the median.
What is the average salary in each New Zealand province 2023?
Owing to the sudden increase in the number of high-paying in-demand jobs in New Zealand, the average salary has significantly increased in almost every province in New Zealand. The average salary in New Zealand per month remains high in strong locations such as Wellington and Nelson. New Zealand is divided into six provinces.
The following table illustrates the average salary in the respective New Zealand province:
|PROVINCE||AVERAGE SALARY (per year)|
|Auckland ||75,086 NZD|
|New Plymouth||79,400 NZD|
Surprising as it may seem to some, the average annual salary in Wellington and Nelson has increased to meet or exceed the rate observed in these provinces. The average wages in Auckland and Canterbury are virtually identical.
How much salary can you earn in different New Zealand job sectors 2023?
The following table shows the average salary in New Zealand across different job sectors:
|JOB SECTORS||AVERAGE SALARY (per year)|
|Accounting, Administration & Human Resources ||79,988 NZD|
|Architecture & Creative Arts|| 64,402 NZD|
|Banking, Finance & Insurance||81,776 NZD|
|Childcare & Education||75,085 NZD|
|Construction & Maintenance ||65,355 NZD|
|Engineering || 92,349 NZD|
|Food Services|| 48,492 NZD|
|Healthcare, Pharmaceutical & Social Services || 93,065 NZD|
|Hospitality & Travel || 59,940 NZD|
|Information Technology || 82,976 NZD|
|Journalism & Translation || 59,124 NZD|
|Law Enforcement & Security ||68,167 NZD|
|Marketing & Sales||75,265 NZD|
|Retail, Cosmetics & Customer Service||50,916 NZD|
|Science ||77,013 NZD|
|Shipping, Manufacturing & Transportation||50,038 NZD|
Which industries have seen the most growth in New Zealand 2023?
You need to be well aware of the current in-demand industries in New Zealand that contributed the most to the country’s booming economy. For immigrants that apply for a job in New Zealand – the highest salary jump for full-time employees was found in those working in the Government and Defence sector – followed by Healthcare and Medical. The following industries showcase the share of economic sectors in the gross domestic product (GDP) – that have recorded the highest growth.
- Government and Defence - 108%
- Healthcare and Medical - 101%
- Manufacturing, Transport, and Logistics - 94%
- Information and Communication Technology - 82%
- Community Services and Development - 71%
- Hospitality and Tourism - 70%
- Healthcare and Medical - 56%
- Trades and Services - 52%
- Administration and Office Support - 52%
- Community Services and Development - 50%
- Real Estate and Property - 48%
- Healthcare and Medical - 32%
- Manufacturing, Transport, and Logistics - 29%
- Information and Communication Technology - 28%
- Administration and Office Support - 27%
- Administration and Office Support - 25%
- Retail and Consumer Products - 17%
- Administration and Office Support - 16%
- Retail and Consumer Products - 16%
- Administration and Office Support - 15%
- Trades and Services - 14%
- Manufacturing, Transport, and Logistics - 13%
- Information and Communication Technology - 11%
Highest paying jobs in New Zealand 2023
The jobs with the highest paying average salary in New Zealand are Chief Executive Officers/Managing Directors, Legal Professionals, and Sales & Marketing Directors.
- Information Technology Manager - 107,000 - 150,000 NZD
- Building and Construction Manager - 95,000 - 170,000 NZD
- Information Technology Architect - 112,000 - 155,000 NZD
- Marketing Manager - 80,000 - 200,000 NZD
- Procurement Manager - 85,000 - 200,000 NZD
- Ship’s Master - 42,000 - 250,000 NZD
- Ophthalmologist - 58,000 - 240,000 NZD
- Mine Manager - 100,000 - 210,000 NZD
- Senior Communications Specialist - 70,000 - 250,000 NZD
- Financial Advisor - 72,000 - 250,000 NZD
- Head of HR - 150,000 - 250,000 NZD
- Pathologist - 97,000 - 230,000 NZD
- Anaesthesiologist - 47,000 - 116,000 NZD
- Managing Director/Chief Executive - 120,000 - 700,000 NZD
- Judge - 358,000 - 525,000 NZD
Figuring out the average salary in New Zealand per month or year can be a daunting task – especially for first-time immigrants. With thousands of immigrants and residents of New Zealand applying for a job – the government of New Zealand offers a higher minimum wage per hour.
Not just higher minimum wages, New Zealand is one of the best places to look for employment. Immigrants wanting to work in the Land of the Long White Cloud can have access to a wide range of benefits including better job opportunities, stronger networking, and a road map to apply for New Zealand PR from India.
Ready to land that next high-paying job in New Zealand? Don’t know where to start? Increase your chances of landing a job and check your eligibility to apply for New Zealand PR from India in less than 60 seconds! Book a free consultation with Nationwide Visas! Call us at +91-92 92 92 92 81 or drop an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org