Germany Tourist Visa from India In 2023
Germany is a beautiful nation in Western Europe that is a hub for tourists across the
world that arrives in millions every year to the nation. It ranks amongst the highly visited tourists destinations
globally due to its picturesque landscapes, majestic castles, and rich history.
So if you also wish to arrive in Germany as a visitor, then it is essential that you are
aware of the requirements of the Germany Visitor Visa. Moreover, based on your nation of residence, you have to
undergo specific processes for arriving and visiting Germany. The Germany Tourist Visa is also known as Visit Visa
Germany or Schengen Visa Germany.
Check your Eligibility for Germany Tourist Visa
Schengen Visa Germany has validity across the nations in Europe that have endorsed the
Schengen agreement. Germany is amongst the nations that have accepted the Schengen pact. This Visa also authorizes
your visit and stay in 27 Schengen nations including Germany.
Here we have compiled all that you must be aware of the Germany Tourist Visa or Visit
Visa Germany including the application process and requirements.
The Requirements to Apply for Germany Tourist
The authorities in Germany comply with stringent requirements and rules while offering a
Germany Visa. Thus, it is highly essential that you are aware of all the requirements before filing an application.
The essential documents that are required to file an application for the Germany
Tourist Visa are as follows:
- Application form for Visa: Fully filled with accurate details, in-print with
the signature of the applicant at the end.
- 2 Latest Photos: must have been taken in the past 3 months as per the
specifications for the Schengen Visa Photo.
- Authentic Passport: It must not be older than ten years and must also have
at least 3 months validity after the period of intended stay in the Schengen Zone. Additionally, it needs to
consist of a minimum of 2 empty pages for the Visa sticker to be affixed.
- Itinerary or to and fro reservation: A document that consists of flight
numbers and dates and specifies the arrival and departure from the Schengen Zone.
- Health Insurance for Travel: Proof that you have health insurance coverage
for medical emergencies of at least Euros 30,000 for your entire stay period. Some of the widely accepted online
insurance policies include Dr. Walter, AXA Schengen, or Europ Assistance. The travel insurance policies offered
by these companies are acknowledged by the Consulates and Embassies of Germany globally.
- Evidence of Accommodation: Proof that demonstrates the place of stay for
your entire visit to the Schengen. It can be one of the following:
1. Hostel or Hotel Booking – It must have the name, full
address, contact numbers, and e-mail for your complete stay period in the Schengen Zone.
2. Agreement for Rent – If you have a place that you will be
renting in your nation of stay during the visit.
- Tour Organizer’s Letter – If in case you are traveling with a Travel agency
- Evidence of Monterey means Proof that you possess sufficient cash for
supporting your entire stay in the Schengen Zone. It can be one of the following:
1. Statement of Bank Account
2. Letter of Sponsorship – If another individual will be
sponsoring you financially for the tour to the Schengen Zone. It is also known as the Support Affidavit.
3. A blend of both of the above documents.
- Letter of Invitation from the host staying in Germany and a copy of their Germany
Residence Permit and/or Passport.
- Evidence of relationship with the host staying in Germany.
- If the host will be catering to all the expenses, they have to sign a document
known as the Commitment Letter. This form is available at the immigration authorities in Germany at the
residence place of the host whose solvency will be confirmed by the authorities.
- Proof of status of employment
1. Contract of employment
Permission of leave from the employer
for Income Tax
Bank statement of the company for the most recent six months
ITR - Income Tax Return
1. Evidence of enrollment
2. No Objection Letter – NOC from the University
- Itinerary for travel: A description of your tour to Europe, the purpose of
travel, the places of visit in Europe, the timelines, and complete personal information.
1. Either evidence of adoption/certificate of
birth/decree of custody of divorced parents/parents’ death certificate.
2. Consent letter from parents inclusive of both the
parents’ passport copies/lawful guardian.
Apply Now for Germany Tourist visa
How to file the Germany Tourist Visa Application?In order to file an
application for the Germany Tourist Visa, you have to follow the steps specified below:
- Firstly, you have to keep in mind to submit the application in advance, a
minimum of 3 weeks prior to your date of travel (As per the latest rules for the Schengen Visa you can now
submit the application six months before the date of travel).
- Locate the nearest Consulate/Embassy of Germany in your nation. You will have to
book an appointment here. In case of the absence of the Consulate/Embassy of Germany in your nation, you need to
locate the nearest Embassy of Germany in a neighboring nation. Based on the Embassy, it can also be possible to
book an online appointment.
- The application form has to be filled with sincerity and precision. 2 printouts
have to be taken and both of them have to be signed.
- Make a payment of the fee for Visa and carry the confirmation of payment along
- Ensure that you possess all the essential documents prior to filing the
You have to be prepared for the interview and be familiar with answers to the most
common questions asked during the Visa interview. You can search for information online. Also, you have to ensure
that you appear for the interview on the allotted time and are neither too late nor too early.
The processing time for the Germany Tourist Visa
The processing times for the Germany Tourist Visa are highly variable based on the
application center and the current backlog of applications. The normal waiting time for a Schengen/Tourist Visa
across the globe is 2 weeks. However, this is not always applicable and thus it is advisable to submit the
application at the earliest.
In some cases, the processing times can be even 30 days for the Germany Tourist Visa
and can also extend up to 60 days.
The validity of
the Germany Tourist Visa
The Schengen Visa of short-stay usually has a maximum validity of 3 months within six
months. The validity of the Visa offered to you however is reliant on the Embassy that issues the Visa.
period for which you are authorized to remain in Schengen Zone is specified on the Visa sticker that is affixed to
Visa from India
Indians are amongst the most regular travelers to the Schengen Zone and Germany Tourist
Visas remain in high demand for them. In 2017, roughly 1 million Indians arrived in Europe, and 153, 961 out of them
had applied for the Germany Visitor Visa. The reason was that they first intended to arrive in Germany in the
Visa Application Process for Indians
In order to obtain the Visit Visa Germany or Schengen Visa Germany, Indians have to
follow the below process:
- Book an online appointment at the Consulate, Embassy, or Application Centre.
- Be present at the allocated time slot on the date of appointment.
- Carry all the essential documents while appearing for the appointment.
- Provide your digital image, fingerprints, and biometrics.
- Await for the decision for your application.
Check Your Eligibility In 60 Seconds
- Receive approval/rejection for your Visa application.
Germany Tourist Visa Fees for Indians
With effect from 2020 February, the Germany Tourist Visa Fees for Indians is Euros 80.
The same fee is applicable for all types of Schengen Visas. On the other hand, there are a few categories of
applicants who are exempted from the payment of the fees, and these include:
- Children less than 6 years of age.
- School students, Postgraduates, Undergraduates, and accompanying teaching staff who
are taking up a tour for educational training or study purposes.
- Not-for-profit Organization’s representatives who are aged less than 25 years or
participating in conferences, seminars, or other educational, cultural, or sports events conducted by non-profit
- Researchers from third nations who are traveling within the European region for the
purpose of conducting scientific research.
is the premier Immigration Consultancy that offers you services through accredited and competent Immigration
Consultants. You can be assured of a flawless and seamless application process through our support and
Get a call within 55 seconds