Italy Tourist Visa from India In 2023
From art, architecture, fashion, food, history, and incredible views – Italy offers its visitors an unforgettable experience. Being one of the most visited countries in Europe, there’s something for everyone in Italy. On average, Italy welcomes over 60 million tourists per year – making it the fifth most-visited country in international tourism.
Indian nationals wanting to explore Italy as a visitor are mandated to apply for Italy Tourist Visa from India. The Italy Tourist Visa allows you to come to Italy as a visitor.
Check your Eligibility for Italy Tourist Visa
Top reasons to visit Italy
- The longest coastline in Europe
- Exquisite shopping opportunities
- And let's not forget Italian wines!
- Unique festivals and celebrations
- Quick and easy Visitor Visa options
Types of Italy Tourist Visa
The government of Italy offers one type of Tourist Visa from India – the Schengen Visa. A Schengen Visa is a government-authorized short-term visa issued by any of the 26 Schengen member countries – and allows the holder to travel freely within the Schengen zone.
A Schengen Visa entitles the holder to visit Schengen countries for tourism, visiting friends/family – or other non-business purposes for up to 90 days.
Who is eligible for an Italy Tourist Visa?
To be able to apply for Italy Tourist Visa from India candidates would be required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be in India while applying in the country.
- You must apply to the mission that has jurisdiction over your state of residence.
- You will need to possess a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel.
- Your sole purpose of the visit has to be tourism alone. You may also visit family/friends.
- You must possess sufficient funds to cover your stay in the country.
- You should possess travel insurance.
- You must apply for the permit only if - Italy is your only destination, or Italy is one of your multiple Schengen destinations - in which case you will be spending the majority of the time in Italy, or, you are spending time in all the other destinations where Italy is your port of entry.
Check Your Eligibility In 60 Seconds
What is the process to apply for Italy Tourist Visa from India?
The steps to apply for Italy Tourist Visa from India can be done in 7 easy steps.
STEP 1: Select “Tourism” as the purpose of the visit – Determine the purpose of your visit to Italy. This will help you identify the type of visa you need to apply for.
STEP 2: Decide the number of applicants traveling to Italy – Determine how many entries to Italy/Schengen area you need.
STEP 3: Gather the required documents – Gather the required supporting documents for your Visitor Visa. Consider the document checklist for the same.
STEP 4: Schedule a Schengen Visa appointment – If applicable, schedule an appointment for a Schengen Visa at the nearest Italy Embassy/Consulate.
STEP 5: Fill out your application – Depending on where you are applying from – you may be able to apply for Tourist Visa, online and paper-based. Different Embassies/Consulates or Visa processing centers provide different ways of accessing applications.
STEP 6: Pay the application fee - Pay the required Tourist Visa application fee. You can pay the processing fee either electronically as a bank transfer or at a designated bank by cash.
STEP 7: Submit your Schengen Visa application – Submit your complete Italian Schengen Visa application at least 15 days prior to travel.
What are the documents required for Italy Tourist Visa?
When applying for an Italy Tourist Visa, you will be asked to submit the following supporting documents:
- A copy of the completed and signed visa application form.
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings, and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Italy.
- Schengen travel visa insurance or health insurance covering Italy and the Schengen Area for medical emergencies with a minimum coverage of 30,000 pounds.
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country.
- Bank statement for the last 6 months.
- Proof of income tax returns.
- A cover letter explaining why you want to visit Italy, your duration of stay, date of return, etc.
- Documents proving your civil status which could either be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, etc.
What is the cost to apply for Italy Tourist Visa?
Immigrants wanting to visit Italy on a Tourist Visa must pay the following fees:
|VISA FEE TYPE||IN EUROS||IN INDIAN RUPEES|
|Visa Fee ( Categories A, B or C)||€ 80||6660|
|Visa Fee for applicants aged between 6 – 12 (Categories A, B or C)||€ 40||3330|
|Visa fee for applicants aged under 6||€ 0||INR 0|
What is the processing time to apply for Italy Tourist visa from India?
The processing time to apply for Italy Tourist Visa depends on the country from which the applicant is applying. The time can typically vary from 15 days to 18 days.
Apply Now For Italy Tourist Visa
Best places to visit in Italy
Here are the top 10 places we recommend that you “must” visit on your next trip to the Land of Renaissance.
- Rome: Italy’s Capital of Culture
- Florence: The Art Capital of the World
- Venice: Classic Italian beauty
- Naples: Pizza! And so much more
- Tuscany: Sunshine and wine
- Cinque Terre: Colourful Cliffside villages
- Amalfi Coast: Adventure in the Bay of Naples
- Bologna: Pasta, pasta, pasta
- Milan: Sleek, beautiful, and action-packed
- Lake Como: Peaceful and rustic
Ready to unleash your wanderlust in Italy? Don’t know where to start? Check your eligibility to apply for Italy Tourist Visa from India in less than 60 seconds! Book a free consultation with the best immigration consultants in India
at Nationwide Visas! Call us at +91-92 92 92 92 81
or drop an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get a call within 55 seconds