Check Eligibility for Australia PR
If you aspire to settle in Australia, then opting for a PR Visa is the best choice. Over the years, Australia has evolved into the most preferred country for immigration because of its infrastructure, state-of-the-art educational system, top-notch healthcare facilities, overall quality of life, and so on. The growing economy promises a better career and lifestyle for all Australian PR Visa holders.
What makes an Australia PR Visa the best option?
- Australia PR Visa allows the immigrants to pursue education and employment and reside any place in Australia
- Aspirant can explore their chances of gaining an Australian government job through a PR Visa
- PR Visa assures end-to-end social and healthcare assistance
- Australia PR Visa holder can sponsor their relatives for PR
- Post, a certain number of years, spent in Australia, the aspirant can apply for an Australian citizenship
- Australia PR Visa holders can pursue a career in New Zealand post applying for a job there
How to decode the 65-Point Calculation Method for succeeding in the Australia PR Score Eligibility Criteria?
- The Australia PR point calculator is based on numerous diverse parameters. Each parameter has a score allocated to it. The grand total of the points earned by you in each category would be the decisive number for the success of the Australia PR Visa procedure.
- There are multiple pathways for the application process for Australia PR. Each path has a different criterion and requisites with different processing timelines.
- Points Standards: The aspirant's Australian PR visa eligibility is based on the scores accumulated. The aspirant must score a minimum of 65 points to be qualified for Australia PR.
The criterion for accumulating points are:
|Age Range (Years)||PR Points Earned|
The degree of education the aspirant completes is also instrumental in scoring good points. An Australian educational background can earn bonus points for the aspirant. In a nutshell, the higher the academic credential, the higher the points earned.
|Educational Credential ||PR Points |
|Doctorate Degree ||20 |
|Master's/Bachelor Degree ||15 |
|Advanced Diploma or trade qualification from Australia ||10 |
|Skills Assessment Certificate ||10 |
- The work experience years are also a pertinent factor in calculating the scores earned for the Australia PR Visa success. An aspirant can earn up to 20 points for 'Overseas Work Experience' and 'Australian Work Experience.'
- The native Australian work experience weighs more when compared to other foreign experiences. Nevertheless, the work experience number of work years raises noteworthy Australian PR points, and professionals with over 10 years of experience reap the optimum benefit.
|Career Span in Years ||PR Points |
|8 - 10+ ||15 |
|Master's/Bachelor Degree ||15 |
|5 - 7 ||10 |
|3 - 4 ||5 |
- The language aptitude tests like IELTS, TOEFL iBT, CAE, OET, or PTE Academic can earn the aspirant a few points in line with the Australian PR points calculator.
- The English language proficiency is rated based on the IELTS bands. Points are calculated based on a decreasing method, and anyone with a skill level that scores below the proficient band gets a zero point.
|Language Skills ||PR Points |
|Superior (IELTS Band 8) ||20 |
|Proficient (IELTS Band 7) ||10 |
|Competent (IELTS Band 6) ||0 |
Nomination/ Sponsorship Program
If the aspirant has a relative in Australia who is capable of sponsoring, this factor also earns points. In a few instances, the state sponsors an applicant on the grounds of their profession.
|Nomination/Sponsorship ||PR Points |
|Family Member’s Nomination ||10 |
|State Sponsorship ||5 |
Partner Skills (up to 10 points)
The spouse aspect can earn a few points for the aspirants but only under certain circumstances:
- If the aspirant is single (no spouse or no partner), earn 10 points.
- If the partner is an Australian Citizen or PR holder, earn 10 points.
- Suppose the partner is below 45 years of age, has a higher IELTS test band, falls under the same occupational code, has the matching visa subclass, and possesses a positive skills assessment. In that case, the aspirant earns 10 points.
- If there is a contradiction in terms of the spouse's English proficiency band and doesn't match the skills with the aspirant or they do not come under the same visa subclass as the aspirants, earn 5 points.
Australian Specialist Education (earn 5 points)
A Master's degree in research or Doctorate earned from an Australian educational establishment would earn 5 Australian PR Points with a minimum of two academic years spent in the pertinent domain.
Study in Regional or Metropolitan Area (earn 5 points)
If the aspirant plans to pursue education in remote parts or less populated areas in Australia, then they would earn 5 Australian PR Points; it can be an effort from the Australian authorities to bring the remote regions into the limelight as a suitable option for study and living.
Additional aspects that can earn a few extra points, in case the aspirant:
- If the applicant converses in a community language, they can earn 5 Australian PR Points.
- Accomplished a professional year in Australia under the nominated skilled occupation for a minimum of 12 months, much earlier than they obtained the application invite; this parameter can earn 5 points.
- If the applicant is a State Nomination holder (190 visas), they can earn 5 points.
By following the steps mentioned above, anyone keen on an Australian PR can utilize the Australian PR points calculator to calculate the PR score by themselves.
Below mentioned are the required documents needed for an Australia PR:
- Appropriately filled PR Application form
- IELTS or TOEFL Test Result
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
What’s the actual timeline for the Australia PR Process?
Generally, the Australia PR processing can take up to 6 months to 1 year, based on the type of skilled visa application.
Step one is to receive an invitation call to apply for a skilled nominated visa, based on the PR score earned; post the visa application filing, it takes another 4 plus months to obtain the Australian visa grant.
Can the waiting time adversely affect the score on Australia PR Points Calculator?
Indeed, the waiting time and the Australia PR Points Calculator score correlate. The higher the Australia PR points calculator score, the faster an invitation call is made. Applicants who score 80 points have a comparatively low waiting period of 1 or 2 months when it comes to the applicant who has scored 70 and needs to wait for 8-10 months.
Is there any additional process to score more Australia PR Points?
An applicant requires 65 points under Skill Select for Subclass 189 and Subclass 190 visas to apply for an Australia PR in 2023.
The below-mentioned pointers can help in accumulating more PR points if the application was not a success in the first attempt:
- Obtain a higher Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Re-appear for IELTS to earn a higher band
- Enhance the spouse's skills
- Acquire additional work experience
- Find a state nomination/sponsorship
- Study the local community language
- Pursue education in any Australian regional area for extra 5 Australia PR Points
As a concluding note, please connect with a thorough and experienced visa and immigration consultant with an Australian PR application processing background to ensure seamless application success in your pursuit of an Australia PR Visa.