Apply for a USA Tourist Visa from India in 2023
From bluegrass and beaches, snow-covered peaks and redwood forests, restaurant-loving cities, and open skies – the great American experience is about a lot of things. USA’s booming industry – is all a testament to the fact that annually, there are 79.6 million international visitors to the US.
Indian nationals wanting to explore the United States of America as a visitor are mandated to apply for USA Tourist Visa from India. The USA Tourist Visa allows you to come to the United States of America as a visitor – as well as study for a short time or attend an interview.
Check your Eligibility for USA Tourist Visa
Top reasons to visit USA
- There are tons of museums
- There are hidden gems to explore
- You can’t beat the scenic views
- You’ll experience a new way of life
- The country thrives on tourism
- There are big cities and small towns
- You’ll learn to appreciate your own lifestyle
Types of USA Tourist Visa
The government of the United States of America offers two types of Tourist Visas from India – the B1 Visa and the B2 Visa.
- B1 Visa - For business purposes, attending educational conferences, buying/selling property, or negotiating a contract or deal.
- B2 Visa - For tourism, medical purposes, attending social events, sports/musical/cultural events, or registering for a short-term course or program.
The USA Tourist Visa allows its holder to go to the USA for short-term visits for a maximum duration of 6 months. Depending on the purpose of the visit, potential candidates may choose their visa type.
Starting March 2023, you can even apply for jobs and attend interviews in the US on a B1 and B2 Visa.
USCIS has announced that B1 and B2 traveling to the USA will now be allowed to work in the country! You can now convert your B1/B2 Visa to an H1-B Visa. A great opportunity to earn 5 to 8 times your current salary!
Who is eligible for a USA Tourist Visa?
To be able to apply for USA Tourist Visa from India candidates would be required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have a passport that is valid for a period of at least 6 months.
- Have sufficient financial resources.
- Have no criminal track record or ongoing cases.
- Be in good condition to travel to the USA.
- Have strong ties to their home country.
- Be able to convince the immigration authority that the purpose of the visit is for a temporary duration.
Check Your Eligibility In 60 Seconds
What is the process to apply for USA Tourist Visa from India?
The steps to apply for USA Tourist Visa from India can be done in 6 easy steps.
STEP 1: Get a digital photograph of each applicant – A digital photograph is required while applying for a USA Tourist Visa from India. Make sure the photographs are professional, clear, and in the required dimensions.
STEP 2: Complete Visitor Visa application form DS160 – Visitor visa application form DS160 must be completed online over the internet. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation with a 10-digit barcode.
STEP 3: Pay the Visitor Visa application fee – Pay the required Visitor Visa application fee. You can pay the processing fee either electronically as a bank transfer or at a designated bank by cash.
STEP 4: Take an appointment for the visa interview – You will be required to schedule two appointments – one for biometrics at an Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) and one for a personal interview with the USA Embassy or Consulate.
STEP 5: Biometrics at a VAC – A biometric includes your electronic fingerprints and a digital photo that is submitted with your USA Tourist Visa application. Officials at the Visa Application Center (VAC) use such biometrics to confirm your identity.
STEP 6: Attend the visa interview at the designated US Embassy/Consulate – Attend the interview on the scheduled date at your designated US Embassy or Consulate. Carry all the supporting documents.
What are the documents required for USA Tourist Visa?
When applying for a US Tourist Visa, you will be asked to submit the following supporting documents:
- Valid Passport (current and old passports).
- DS-160 form confirmation page.
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Copy of appointment letter.
- Current income proof, tax payments, ownership of business or property, or assets.
- Travel itinerary and other explanation for the trip you have planned.
- A letter from the employer. This letter should mention your designation, salary, employment period, authorized vacation (if any), etc.
- Court or criminal records in case of conviction/arrest anywhere. It has to be provided even if you were pardoned or have completed your sentence period.
What is the cost to apply for USA Tourist Visa?
Immigrants wanting to visit the USA on a Tourist Visa must pay the following fees:
|Visa Type ||Fee (USD) ||FEE (INR) |
|Visitor Visa (also known as B2 Visa or Tourist Visa) ||$160 ||₹ 13,440 |
What is the processing time to apply for USA Tourist visa from India?
The processing time to apply for USA Tourist Visa depends on the country from which the applicant is applying. The time can typically vary from 18 days to 21 days.
Apply Now For USA Tourist Visa
Best places to visit in USA
Here are the top 10 places we recommend that you “must” visit on your next trip to the Land of the Free.
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
- Times Square in Manhattan, New York
- Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida
- Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California
- The Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Mount Rushmore in Keystone, South Dakota
- French Quarter in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Las Vegas Strip in Las Vegas Valley, Nevada
- Statue of Liberty in New York, New York
Ready to unleash your wanderlust in the United States of America? Don’t know where to start? Check your eligibility to apply for a USA Tourist Visa from India in less than 60 seconds! Book a free consultation with the best immigration consultants in India at Nationwide Visas! Call us at +91-92 92 92 92 81 or drop an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Nationwide Visas Can Help You?
Nationwide Visas has accumulated a treasure of goodwill and exhaustive experience over the last 16+ years in this dynamic immigration industry and has constantly facilitated a wide range of aspiring immigrants to achieve their overseas goals.
We are among the top-most brands in the Immigration sector being a highly reliable immigration firm with an outstanding track record of several thousands of triumphant Visa applications. The following major factors make us the Best Immigration Consultant for USA Tourist Visa:
Get a call within 55 seconds