Apply for a UK Tourist Visa from India in 2023
Consisting of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Sales – the United Kingdom (UK) has long been Europe’s most popular tourist destination. With diverse scenery and rich heritage culture, and everything from beautifully preserved castles to world-class art galleries – is all a testament to the fact that close to 40 million people visit the United Kingdom every year.
Indian nationals wanting to explore the United Kingdom as a visitor are mandated to apply for UK Tourist Visa from India. The UK Tourist Visa allows you to come to the United Kingdom as a visitor – as well as study for a short time or attend an interview.
Top reasons to visit UK
- Great Views and Terrific Scenery
- Urban Adventures in Great Cities and Towns
- The Multi-Layered Great British History
- Great World Class Festivals and Events
- Great Traditions and Eccentricities
- Great Storybook Architecture
- The Rise of the Great British Chefs
- The World's Greatest Gardens and Gardeners
Types of UK Tourist Visa
The government of the United Kingdom only offers one type of Tourist Visa from India – the Standard Visitor Visa. The Standard Visitor Visa has replaced the General visitor visa, Visa for Private Medical Treatment, Visa for Visiting child, Approved Destination Status visa, Sports Visitor visa, Prospective Entrepreneur visa, Family visitor visa, Business visitor visas that include visas for doctors, dentists, and academics, and Entertainer Visitor visa.
The UK Tourist Visa, which is also known as the Standard Visitor Visa is a short-term visa that allows the holder to stay in the UK for a duration of 6 months.
Who is eligible for a UK Tourist Visa?
To be able to apply for UK Tourist Visa from India you would be required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must have a valid passport or travel document to enter the UK.
- You must intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit.
- You must be able to support yourself and your dependents during your trip.
- You must be able to pay for your return or onward journey.
- You must not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits – or make the UK your main home.
- You may need to meet other eligibility criteria, if you’re visiting the UK to study, as an academic, or for medical reasons.
What is the process to apply for UK Tourist Visa from India?
The steps to apply for UK Tourist Visa from India can be done in 6 easy steps.
STEP 1: Find out if you need to apply – If you want to undertake UK Immigration as a visitor, you may need to apply for a UK Tourist Visa.
STEP 2: Choose how to apply – There are two ways to apply for a UK Tourist Visa from India – online and paper-based. Paper-based applications take longer to process.
STEP 3: Fill out the application – Visit the official UK Visas and Immigration website – and complete your application form. Make sure that all the details are correct.
STEP 4: Gather documents for your application – Get hold of the document checklist for the UK Tourist Visa. If you don’t provide all the documents you are asked for – your application will be rejected.
STEP 5: Attend the interview – You will be asked to attend a mandatory interview at the UK Embassy/Consulate.
STEP 6: Receive your visa - If your visa application is approved, you’ll get a label in your passport or a letter.
What are the documents required for UK Tourist Visa?
When applying for a UK Tourist Visa, you will be asked to submit the following supporting documents:
- Passport-size photographs
- Proof of educational enrolment
- Business registration documents
- Proof of intended business activities
- A copy of your parent(s) or legal guardian's details page of their passport
- The name and date of birth of the person you will be staying with
- Address of where you will be staying
- Relationship details to the person who is hosting you
If someone is sponsoring your visit, you will need to provide proof of their financial stability
What is the cost to apply for UK Tourist Visa?
Immigrants wanting to visit the UK on a Tourist Visa must pay the following fees:
|Visa Type||Fee||Maximum length of stay|
|Standard Visitor visa||£100||6 months|
|Standard Visitor visa for medical reasons||£200||11 months|
|Standard Visitor visa for academics||£200||12 months|
|2 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£376||6 months per visit|
|5 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£670||6 months per visit|
|10 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£837||6 months per visit|
What is the processing time to apply for UK Tourist visa from India?
The processing time to apply for UK Tourist Visa depends on the country from which the applicant is applying. The time can typically vary from 15 days to 25 days.
Best places to visit in UK
Here are the top 10 places we recommend that you “must” visit on your next trip to the Land of the Angles.
- Big Ben - Westminster, London
- London Eye - County Hall, London
- Stonehenge - Salisbury, England
- Hyde Park - Borough of Westminster, London
- Loch Ness and Scottish Highlands - Highland Council Area, Scotland
- Dunluce Castle - Bushmills, Northern Ireland
- Trafford Centre - Manchester, England
- Windsor Castle - Windsor, England
- Giant’s Causeway - Antrim, Northern Ireland
- Old Town, Edinburgh, Scotland
Ready to unleash your wanderlust in the UK? Don’t know where to start? Check your eligibility to apply for UK Tourist Visa from India
in less than 60 seconds! Book a free consultation with the best immigration consultants in India
at Nationwide Visas! Call us at +91-92 92 92 92 81 or drop an email at: email@example.com