Canada PR Visa Process for Teachers in 2024

Teachers are one of the most important and respected professions in the world. If you are a teacher and want to be part of the world-class Canadian education system, then Nationwide Visas are here to help.

If you want to live and work in Canada as a Teacher, fill out Our free Canada
Assessment form and get free advice from our Experts

Teachers are not only among the 10 most in-demand jobs in Canada but are on 8 of the 11 in-demand lists of the Provincial Nominee Program of Canada for 2023. According to Job Bank Canada, secondary school teachers can find their way to Canada and expect 53,700 new jobs between 2019 and 2028, meaning Canada's education sector will be in demand for a substantial number of years. Combine that with great benefits and a chance to earn up to $ 96,000 per year, you will be able to provide a brighter future not only to the young minds in your shape but also to your loved ones.

 Check your Eligibility

What is the basic salary of a teacher in Canada?

According to a survey by Business Insider, Canada was ranked in the top 10 countries for best-paid salaries for elementary teaching jobs. 

The following tables illustrate the average salaries in different Canadian provinces:

Province/ TerritoryAverage Salary (In-CAD)
National Average68,894
British Columbia53,031
New Brunswick66,250
Newfoundland & Labrador58,500
Northwest Territories82,000
Nova Scotia57,675

When you immigrate to Canada as a teacher, you will not only have access to the fantastic universal health care system, which won't cost you a dollar but also to various employee benefits that you may not have access to in your life in your own country.

Book Your free Consultation

Ways to immigrate to Canada as a Teacher?

There are different ways to immigrate to Canada as a teacher, but we've listed the top 4 routes that will give you the best chance to live and work in Canada:

  • Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP)

Moving to Canada is a big life decision that should not be taken lightly. When considering different destinations in Canada to call home, you will need to consider a few things such as cost of living, healthcare requirements, affordability, etc.

The more jobs available in a particular province or territory, the higher the likelihood that you will get a job in Canada, or better yet, an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in the province of your choice.

The following table shows the provinces and territories where teachers are in-demand with respective National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code -

Province/ TerritoryOccupation in-demand
AlbertaUniversity professors and lecturers (NOC Code 4011)
British ColumbiaElementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC Code 4413)
Newfoundland & LabradorUniversity professors and lecturers (NOC Code 4011)Secondary school teachers (NOC Code 4031)
Nova ScotiaCollege and vocational instructors (NOC Code 4021)
Northwest TerritoriesEarly Childhood Educators (NOC Code 4214)
Prince Edward IslandUniversity professors and lecturers (NOC Code 4011)
SaskatchewanUniversity professors and lecturers
(NOC Code 4011)College and vocational instructors (NOC Code 4021)Early Childhood Educators (NOC Code 4214)Instructor of persons with disabilities (NOC Code 4215)Other instructors (NOC Code 4216)Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC Code 4413)
YukonEarly Childhood Educators (NOC Code 4214)
Knowing which province or territory is best for you will also be in your favor when it comes to starting the visa application process, as choosing the right Canadian immigration consultant can make or break your visa application in terms of success or disappointment.

Minimum requirements for the different teaching professions in Canada:

Below are some of the educational requirements for different teaching professions in Canada:
  • Early Childhood Educators typically require a 2-4 year college program in early childhood education or a bachelor's degree in child development, while assistants will simply need to have completed high school, have some experience in childcare, and have completed an early childhood assistant certificate or post-secondary course in early childhood education.
  • Elementary and Kindergarten teachers require a bachelor's degree in education and possibly in child development as well as additional training in special education and a provincial certificate.
  • Academic or Secondary teachers generally require a bachelor's degree in education as well as arts or sciences.
  • College and Vocational Instructors require a bachelor's, master's, or college diploma in your area of expertise and possibly a qualification in adult education (certificate, diploma, or degree).
  • University Professors need a doctorate and master's degree in their area of specialization.

The below-mentioned table shows the list of regulatory bodies and federations in each province and territory that will be able to license you to work in Canada as a teacher:

Province/ TerritoriesRegulatory Authority
AlbertaAlberta Education, Professional Standard
British ColumbiaMinistry of Education, Teacher Regulatory Branch
ManitobaDepartment of Education and Literacy, Teacher Certification Unit
New BrunswickDepartment of Education, Teacher Certification Unit
Newfoundland and LabradorDepartment of Education, Registrar of Teacher Certification
Northwest TerritoriesDepartment of Education, Cultural, and Employment, Registrar of Teacher Certification
Nova ScotiaDepartment of Education, Registrar of Teacher Certification
Nova ScotiaDepartment of Education, Registrar of Teacher Certification
NunavutNunavut Educators Certification, Department of Education
OntarioOntario College of Teachers (OCT)
Prince Edward IslandDepartment of Education and Early Childhood Development, Registrars Office
QuebecQubec  Ministre de lducation, du Loisir et du Sport, Direction de la formation et de la titularisation du personnel scolaire
SaskatchewanSaskatchewan Department of Education, Teacher Services
YukonYukon Education, Teacher Certification Unit

How Nationwide Visas Can Help You?




Hand Holding Support


True & Transparent


Process Time 9-12 Months

We at Nationwide Visas have assisted thousands of individuals to successfully immigrate to Canada with their families through the Federal Express Entry Program. Our qualified and experienced Immigration Experts are equipped with the proficiency to accurately assess your case and advise the most suitable course of action for best serving your needs. 

Nationwide has accumulated a treasure of goodwill and exhaustive experience over the last 16+ years in this dynamic immigration industry and has constantly facilitated a wide range of aspiring immigrants to achieve their overseas goals. 

We are among the top-most brands in the Immigration sector being a highly reliable immigration firm with an outstanding track record of several thousand triumphant PR Visa applications. The following major factors make us the Best Immigration Consultant for a Canada PR Visa:

Our Consultation is offered by authorized and licensed Immigration Consultants

Step-by-Step guidance through eligibility and process

We maintain a Secure Online Process & transparency

System of Complaint Redress for any process

Experience of having processed more than 30,000 applications

Every Case is assessed multiple times before submission

Easy evaluation of the qualifications and other skills


Get a call within 55 seconds

Get a call within 55 seconds

Our Media Mentions

Website-Pop-UpExpress Entry Latest Draw
Check Your Eligibility! chatbot icon
chatbot icon Check Your Eligibility In 60 Seconds!