Alberta invites 120 new applicants in latest draw
On July 29, Alberta announced the results of one of its Express Entry linked Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). The Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) is an Express Entry linked stream of immigration by the province of Alberta.
The AAIP draw invited 120 candidates with a minimum CRS score of 473. The minimum score criteria for this draw were higher than the previous draw for 167 points to be precise.
The federal government has allocated 6,500 provincial nominations for Alberta in 2022. There are now 3,877 of them. In addition, the province has 400 expressions of interest in the Alberta Express Entry pool and 1,150 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications.
Candidates who wish to apply under the Alberta Express Entry stream must have submit an Expression of Interest application to state that they want to immigrate permanently to the province and be employed in a field that supports Alberta's economic development and diversification.
Check Your Express Entry Eligibility Now
Eligibility requirements for AAIP
In order to be qualified to receive a notification of interest:
- candidates in the federal Express entry pool must contain an active Express Entry profile.
- have expressed a desire to settle permanently in Alberta.
- be employed in a profession that promotes the growth and diversification of Alberta's economy.
- have a 300-point Comprehensive Ranking System minimum.
The following elements may raise a candidate's likelihood of getting a notification of interest:
- either a job offer from an employer in Alberta or prior employment there.
- having earned a degree from a post-secondary institution in Canada.
- having a parent, child, brother, or other relative who resides in Alberta
The likelihood that a candidate will get a notification of interest is lowered by the following factors:
- Within the following three months, the Express Entry profile will expire.
- You hold a job that is not permitted.
Process to apply
- You must first create an Express Entry profile in order to apply for immigration to Alberta under this programme. Express Entry serves as the application management system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.
- If you are qualified for Express Entry, you will receive a score based on the Comprehensive Ranking System. Your age, education, employment history, command of the English or French language, and other factors all contribute to your point total.
- Use the Express Entry pathway to apply for immigration if you don't want to apply for a provincial nomination. The PNP, however, allows Express Entry applicants with lower CRS scores to be awarded an additional 600 points.
- After receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from a later Express Entry lottery, the candidate can then submit an application for Canadian permanent residence.
Tags: Alberta, Alberta draw, Alberta Express Entry, Alberta Immigrant, Alberta immigrant nominee program, Alberta immigration, Alberta PNP, immigrate to alberta, PNP Draw, provincial nominee program, Canada Immigration News