How to apply for USA H-1B Visa from India?
The USA H1-B Visa is the most sought-after employer-based visa for non-immigrants that want to work in the United States. The H1-B Visa allows employers in the US to hire skilled & qualified foreign workers – in a specialty occupation on a temporary basis.;Check your eligibility for USA H-1B Visa
Types of USA H-1B Visa
USA H-1B Visa can be subcategorized into three types based on workers in a specialty occupation and the following sub-classification:
- H-1B1 - Free Trade Agreement workers in a specialty occupation from Chile and Singapore.
- H-1B2 - Specialty occupations related to Department of Defense Cooperative Research and Development projects or Co-production projects.
- H-1B3 - Fashion models of distinguished merit and ability.
What is the eligibility for USA H-1B Visa?
The eligibility depends on the type of USA H-1B Visa. Generally, in order to work in the US, you would be mandated to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A valid job offer from a U.S. employer for a role that requires specialized knowledge.
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in that field.
- Your employer must show that there is a lack of qualified U.S. applicants for the role
Candidates may need additional documents depending on the H1-B Visa category you apply under.
What are the documents required for USA H-1B Visa?
When applying for a USA H-1B, you would be mandated to submit the following supporting documents:
H-1B Documents for Filing the Petition:
- Approved Labor Condition Application
- Supporting evidence, including a copy of your resume, a copy of the job offer including job description, proof of your degree, and other evidence that may be particular to your case.
Required Supplementary Documentation for the H-1B Visa Process:
- Proof of prior employment
- Evidence of existing certifications or accomplishments
- Letter from registrar to certify completion of educational credits
- Copy of academic or technical degrees
- A copy of the transcripts
- Letter from the present employer
Check Your Eligibility In 60 Seconds
What is the process to apply for USA H-1B Visa?
The process to apply for USA H1-B Visa from India is carried out in 7 easy steps.
Step 1: Check Eligibility: Determine the visa sub-category, and check for eligibility. You will generally need a job offer from a US employer, a bachelor’s or equivalent degree, and relevant work experience.
Step 2: Find a US Employer: To apply for an H1-B visa, you must have a job offer from a US employer. Check online job portals or contact recruitment agencies.
Step 3: File a Labor Condition Application (LCA): The US employer will now file a Labor Condition Application (LCA) with the US Department of Labor (DOL). The LCA contains information about the job position, including the job duties, salary, and location.
Step 4: Complete Form DS-160: Once the LCA is approved, you can begin the visa application process. The first step is to complete Form DS-160, which is the online nonimmigrant visa application. You will need information about your personal and travel details, including your name, address, passport details, and so on.
Step 5: Schedule a Visa Interview: Schedule a visa interview at the US Embassy or Consulate in India. To avoid delays, schedule it as soon as you complete your Form DS-160.
Step 6: Pay the Visa Application Fee: Pay the mandatory fees. The non-refundable fee can be paid online using a credit or debit card. A majority of the costs involved are paid by the employer.
Step 7: Attend the Visa Interview: Carry all the supporting documents on the day of the interview. Answer all the questions honestly and accurately. If your visa application is approved, you will receive your passport with the visa stamp within a few days.
What is the cost of a USA H-1B Visa?
Indians applying for USA H1-B Visa must pay the following fees. A majority of the costs involved are paid by the employer.
What is the processing time for USA H-1B Visa?
The processing time to apply for a USA H-1B Visa from India is 1 to 6 months - and has a validity of three years with the option to extend it up to a maximum of six years.
What are the benefits of a USA H-1B Visa?
There are several benefits of applying for a USA H-1B Visa from India including:
- Extent your stay for up to a maximum of 6 years
- Earn 5 to 8 times your current salary
- Roadmap to USA permanent residency
How Nationwide Visas Can Help You?
We at Nationwide Visas have assisted thousands of individuals to successfully Immigrate To the USA with their families. Our qualified and experienced Immigration Experts are equipped with the proficiency to accurately assess your case and advise the most suitable course of action for best serving your needs.
Nationwide Visas has accumulated a treasure of goodwill and exhaustive experience over the last 16+ years in this dynamic immigration industry and has constantly facilitated a wide range of aspiring immigrants to achieve their overseas goals.
We are among the top-most brands in the Immigration sector being a highly reliable immigration firm with an outstanding track record of several thousands of triumphant Visa applications. The following major factors make us the Best Immigration Consultant for a USA Visa:
Get a call within 55 seconds