Estimated Cost in Australia PR Process
Many people wish for a permanent Australian visa. However, even with excellent credentials, it is difficult to obtain one. For most people, the only way to move to Australia is to get a job offer from an Australian company and then apply for a work visa or permanent residency. This method will also be difficult if you do not have any friends or family in Australia who can sponsor your application.
Australia is a developed nation surrounded by beautiful landscapes and scenic beauties. It offers the highest standard of living and a multicultural society along with better growth and job prospects for eligible candidates. Being a peaceful and harmonious country it has become one of the most visited countries by Indians.
Immigrants to Australia can apply for permanent residency, also known as a PR visa. The visa is valid for five years. You can settle in Australia with your family if you have a PR visa. You can also apply for citizenship after three years of living in Australia on a PR visa.
To qualify for permanent residency and Australian migration, you must meet the point requirements as determined by the Australia Point Calculation System while meeting the criteria for age, language proficiency, nominated occupation, skills assessment, medical status, and funds, among other things.
Now, let us understand the basics of an Australian PR visa, its categories, benefits & the application process along with processing time while calculating the overall cost for the whole process.
Australian PR Visa Categories for Indian Citizens
You can apply for an Australian visa in a variety of ways. You must select the appropriate program based on your eligibility and needs.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): This is a genuine Australian PR visa. It is valid for five years and can be converted into citizenship later on.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190): This visa category is for skilled workers who have been nominated by an Australian state or territory. It is absolutely necessary for you to demonstrate your occupation from the Skilled Occupation List (OSI). You can apply for any sector within the state or territory of your choice.
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491): This program was created to meet the skill requirements in Australia's regional areas. You should be able to meet the skill requirements as well as obtain sponsorship or nomination from either state or territory. This visa allows you to stay in the country for four years.
Benefits of having a PR in Australia
The advantages of an Australian permanent resident visa include the freedom to live, work, and settle in any part of the country. It acts as the official permission for family members to accompany while offering free education for children up to a certain age and the ability to sponsor relatives for permanent resident status.
The Application process for Australian PR
You can apply for Australian immigration by following the steps outlined below:
- Examine your eligibility. You must score at least 65 points as per the Australian Visa point requirements and demonstrate sufficient settlement funds as proof of your ability to support yourself and your family in Australia.
- Apply to the designated authority for a migration skill assessment.
- Send an Expression of Interest (EOI): Apply for “skill select (pool system)” after a successful assessment of your education and work experience.
- You will be sent an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the final stage based on your score.
- Within 60 days of receiving your EOI and ITA, apply with DIBP for the final stage of the process. After the submission of your medical and PCC (Police Clearance Certificate), your visa will be approved.
Australian PR processing time and cost bifurcation
The Australian public relations process is divided into several stages and each stage is structured with a different processing time. The following is a rough timeline and cost breakdown for Australia migration:
- Skill Evaluation: This stage could take 45 to 60 days to complete. Your education, skills, and work experience will be evaluated at this stage, which will cost you between AUD 250 and AUD 4000. (INR 13,000 to 2,20,000).
- Expression of Interest (EOI) or English Proficiency: There are no set timelines for completing this stage. Before you move to Australia, your English language skills will be tested. It is one of the most important tests to pass in order to continue with your immigration process. To demonstrate your proficiency in the English language, you must take the English language test, which is approved by the Australian government. Language proficiency tests such as the TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, Cambridge CAE, and OET are available to skilled workers. The processing time is entirely determined by your scores in the online pool system, also known as "Expression of Interest." You must submit the required documents to DIBP within 60 days of your application being accepted by DIBP (Department of Immigration and Border Protection). You will be granted a visa if your documents are successfully verified. This entire procedure will cost you between AUD 180 and 587 (INR 10,000 to 33,000 approx.). The following is a test-wise cost breakdown:
||AUD 180 (Rs. 10,000 approx.)
||AUD 236.98 (Rs. 13,000 approx.)
||AUD 278.92 (Rs. 16,000 approx.)
||AUD 320 (Rs. 18,000 approx.)
||AUD 587 (Rs. 33,000 approx.)
- State Nomination (if applicable): You can begin your Australia visa application after submitting an Expression of Interest. To be eligible for State sponsorship and a faster visa process, a candidate must apply for Subclass 189. The Australian States will monitor their profiles. If they meet the requirements, the state may nominate them. It will cost you nearly around AUD 300 (INR 17,000 approx.).
- Visa Application Submission: You must submit your final visa application to the DIBP within 60 days of receiving your ITA. The costs for each applicant category are shown below:
||AUD 4045 (INR 2,25,000 approx.)
|Dependent above 18 years
||AUD 2020 (INR 1,13,000 approx.)
|Dependent below 18 years
||AUD 1015 (INR 56,000 approx.)
- Police Verification, Medical Examination, and Visa Approval: Following the submission of the required documents, the DIBP conducts extensive research. To enter Australia, you and your dependents must demonstrate good moral ethics and good health. Police clearance and medical certificates are required for evidence purposes. Once they are satisfied with your information, they will grant you a visa. The medical examination fee will be around AUD 94 (approximately INR 5000), whereas the cost of a police clearance certificate varies depending on where you live. In general, you may be required to provide police clearance in each country or place where you lived for the previous 12 months. It usually takes between 3 to 5 months. It is important to note, that if a candidate's visa application is denied, the Australian visa fees are non-refundable. The time required for an Australian PR visa varies depending on when you apply. It usually takes 6 to 8 months to complete the entire process. If there are missing documents or there is a discrepancy in documents, it may take longer than expected.
To get accurate estimates for Australian Visa, try our Australian Visa Assessment Form or simply call us.