What is the Five Tier visa system?
There is the demarcation of the Five tier visa system are as follows:
- Tier 1 visa – it is for high value migrants from outside EEA, it covers exceptional talent visa and entrepreneurs and investors
- Tier 2 visa – It is for skilled candidates outside the EEA who have a job offer in UK. In includes people who have been immigrate to the UK for an International company.
- Tier 3 Visa – it is a low skilled worker visa filling in specific labor shortage. There has been no visa that has been given under this scheme so far, which means it would be smart not to apply under this scheme.
- Tier 4 visa – This is for people who are above 16 years of age and they wish to study in the UK. The applicants must have a place at the registered UK educational establishment before they can apply.
- Tier 5 visa – There are six sub-tiers of temporary workers included in this category and it includes creative, sporting, charity and religious workers. The people who get this vis definitely have some arrangement of their homeland with the government of UK.
Apart from the Five tier system there are also other visas that cover immigration to the UK and they do not work, study and investment related rather they can be visitor and family visas and the category for these visas is listed below:
- UK visitor’s visa – You can enter UK as a visitor for business or pleasure
- UK family visa – You can either bring your family to UK or join your already residing family in UK.
- UK Business Visa – Covers limited number of long-term business visa which are not covered in the five-tier system.
The Visa requirement of UK has been point based and the entry requirement has toughened in the last few years. For those who want to move to UK from outside the European Union there are different set of rules and the two most commonly used models in the Five tier system are – Tier 2, skilled workers visa and Tier 4, the student visa. Currently, the Tier 3 visa of unskilled labor is not been given out by the UK government. Some of these visas also allow the candidates to bring in children and parents as dependents.