Immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker
Under the Canada Express Entry program, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) oversees the immigration of skilled workers. Invitations to Apply are sent to the candidates in the Express Entry pool who scored the highest. The candidate must submit a comprehensive application to the pertinent program after receiving an ITA.
The Federal Skilled Worker program has a unique points system based on a number of variables. It is intended to demonstrate if the applicant and any dependents may successfully settle in Canada. The best candidates will have qualifications that are appropriate for in-demand professions. The selection criteria provide candidates with a government-approved job that offers an advantage.
What are the benefits to apply under FSWP?
The following are the primary benefits of using the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) to apply for a Canada PR visa:
- Any candidate may apply for the FSWP; a connection to Canada is not necessary. It is a great alternative for individuals living outside of Canada to apply for a Canada PR Visa through this program if they are able to achieve the minimum requirements of the program.
- It is the immigration program where ITAs are issued at the highest rate.
However, there is a potential drawback, namely that even if an applicant is qualified for this program, there is no guarantee that they would receive an ITA. They must achieve the minimal CRS score needed for a Canada PR visa in order to do this.Book your Free Consultation
What are the eligibility requirements for FSWP?
The candidate can create their express entry profile in the express entrance program if they have qualified the below-mentioned prerequisites. Receiving a submission into the expedited pool does not ensure that the applicant will receive the ITA. They must achieve the required CRS score for that.
Any candidate must fulfill the following basic conditions in order to be eligible to apply for a PR visa through the Federal Skilled Worker Program:
- Work Experience: A skilled occupation that falls under NOC skill type 0, A, or B must have a minimum of one year of regular full-time work experience within the previous 10 years.
- Language Proficiency: For this criterion, the candidate must get a minimum IELTS band score of six in each ability category or a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level seven (Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening)
- Education: Candidates must possess a level of education at least equal to a high school certificate in Canada. An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is necessary for schooling that is pursued outside of Canada.
- Settlement Funds: Candidates must also provide proof of funds to prove they have enough money to support themselves during the transition to immigrating to Canada.
- 67 points: Additionally, the candidate needed to receive at least 67 points on the FSWP point grid.
What is the process to apply as a skilled worker?
In 2022, you can apply for a Canada permanent residence visa from India by following the steps listed below:
- Verify Eligibility: Confirm that the applicant satisfies all prerequisites for a Canada PR visa under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Obtain all necessary documentation: The candidate must gather the following paperwork in order to construct the express profile:
- proof of identity (like Passport etc.)
- results of language tests like an IELTS scorecard
- ECA Certification
Enquire NowRead More: What is the process to immigrate to Canada?
- Create an express profile: The candidate will need to do each of those things in addition to submitting their application.
- Increase CRS Score: If a candidate's CRS score falls short of the minimal requirement, they must focus on improving the elements listed below.
- Receive an ITA: The candidate will receive an ITA if their score falls within the CRS cut-off. Within 60 days of receiving the ITA, they must submit an application to Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) together with the necessary papers.
- Complete medical examination & PCC: The applicant must provide a medical certificate together with the application form (PCC).
- Application evaluation: A Canadian PR visa applicant's application will next be evaluated by an immigration officer, who will advise them if more information is necessary.
Tags: Canada Express Entry eligibility, Immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker , Canada immigration, Express Entry Canada requirements, canada express entry draw, express entry calculator, Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), apply for a Canada PR visa