Important facts about the USA H-4 Visa
There are numerous advantages to getting a U.S. work visa, not just for the applicant but also for his or her family. As an illustration, holders of the H-1B non-immigrant visa are permitted to bring their immediate family members to the country on an H-4 dependent visa. This keeps families together during such a crucial time of adjustment. In this blog, we write everything you need to know about the USA H-4 visa category, including how it operates, how to apply for one, and the important documents required.
Legal spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 of the H category (H-1A, H-1B, H-1B1, H-2A, and H-2B) visa holders are eligible for the H-4 visa. These kin are categorized as H-4 dependents. There are many advantages to temporarily coming to the United States as an H-4 visa holder, but there are also some restrictions to be aware of. You have the option to apply for an adjustment of status to become a green card holder while you are still in the country on an H-4 visa. This will allow you to move to an H-1B visa on your own.
Fill out the below form to get the information about the USA H-4 Visa
Ineligible for entry into the United States as dependents under the H-4 visa status are parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, and even domestic partners. There have been instances where an H-1B employee provides support for parents or other extended family members, but the H-4 visa's qualifying requirements are fairly stringent. If additional family members wish to visit the H-1B holder, they must apply for a separate visa category, such as the B-1/B-2 Visitor visa, or, in some cases, participate in the Visa Waiver Program.
Documents required for H-4 eligibility
For spouses, the original and copies of your marriage certificate, which, if it wasn't initially in English, need to be properly notarized and translated.
The H-4 spouse must also submit paperwork if the wedding was solely performed at the wedding registrar.
- The original and copies of a child's birth certificate
- Each applicant's valid passport must have at least one blank page.
- Any additional proof that the H-4 spouse is married to the primary H-1B holder, such as court records. These consist of
- Photos and videos from your wedding day that clearly show you and your spouse
- A replica of the marriage invitations
- A duplicate of the wedding guests' list
- Payment receipts for wedding-related expenses
- Receipts for making reservations for your honeymoon or other post-wedding activities.
- Copy of the registrar's affidavit, which has been signed,
- The couple's signatures on the marriage license in pictures
- Images of the ceremony's conductor and any witnesses to the event
The process to apply for a H-4 visa
Outside of the United States, eligible dependents of H-1B visa holders can submit their H-4 visa applications at the American consulate or embassy in their country of origin or present residence. They can only submit an application once the initial H-1B petition has been approved by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Applications for H-4 visas may only be submitted after the USCIS has granted the principal H-1B visa beneficiary or at the same time as the principal H-1B visa beneficiary. Following are the steps on how to immigrate to Canada from the USA using H-4 visa:
Book your Free Consultation
- Online application – Complete Form DS-160 online, print the DS-160 barcode confirmation sheet and submit. You'll require it for the consular office interview.
- Application fee: Pay the visa application fee, which is presently listed as $190 for H-4 visas and is the same as it is for other H-type visas. Save the receipt after paying the fee.
- Make an appointment for the visa interview: After submitting the DS-160 form, make an appointment for the visa interview at the American embassy or consulate in your country. The rest of the process will move forward more quickly the earlier you make the appointment.
- Attend the visa interview: The consular officer will decide whether to grant the H-4 visa and will attempt to establish the validity of your relationship with the H-type visa holder. Regarding your motivation for visiting the United States, inquiries will also be made. It is crucial to adequately prepare for this interview with concisely stated responses and ample supporting evidence if necessary because it will influence whether or not you acquire the H-4 visa.
- Receive your visa - After the U.S. consulate or embassy has processed your H-4 visa application, you will be notified. By entering your application number on the consulate's website, you may also check the status of your visa. The final step is to return to the embassy for visa stamping if your application is accepted.
An H-4 visa does not automatically guarantee entrance into the United States. The final decision about admission rests with the port of entry authorities and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Read More: How to get a job in USA from India?
Tags: facts about the USA H-4 Visa, H4 visa benefits, H4 visa processing time India, H4 visa processing time