06 Aug, 2022 | 03:33 PM]
About Author -
16 min read
Every year, thousands of immigrants enter the country using the Express Entry program. It uses a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), for which you must apply if you meet a minimum requirement.
Applicants who have completed online coursework typically cannot use their education to boost their score if their course consisted of at least 50% remote learning. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic's widespread use of online learning, many hopeful immigrants were at a disadvantage and were unable to include their academic backgrounds in their resumes.
These temporary changes to Canada's immigration laws will enable applicants for the Express Entry program to increase the number of points required to qualify for consideration.
The requirements of the Express Entry program are now being loosened for these students, according to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), but only for those who obtained their degree, diploma, or certificate from a Canadian institution. This implies that you may be eligible for the additional points you need if you completed your degree totally online, from outside of Canada, or while working.
Let us calculate your Express Entry points
In order to take advantage of this brief flexibility and receive an invitation to apply, candidates are encouraged to update their profiles by August 2 according to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada, which changed the policy. On August 3, the next draw is anticipated.
The Canadian government also revealed back in April that it was changing its policies to allow Temporary Foreign Workers (TFW) a better opportunity to get permanent status. The TFW program would not only be changed but also upgraded to match the demands of the labor market, according to the Ministry of Employment and Social Development Canada, as part of Canada's recovery from the COVID-19 recession.
Since July, 1,500 Express Entry applicants have been given the opportunity to apply for Canadian permanent status. Click here to take a free assessment to find out if you're eligible for the Express Entry draw.
How are Express Entry points calculated?
The following factors are used by the CRS to rate qualified applicants for immigration to Canada through Express Entry:
- core human capital factors
- a common-law partner or accompanying spouse
- factors affecting skill transfer
- Other factors such a province nomination, an acceptable job offer that has been established, Canadian study experience, a Canadian sibling, and/or French language proficiency.
Under the Comprehensive Ranking System, a total of 1,200 points are available. Candidates who don't have a spouse or common-law partner with them can get:
Book your Free ConsultationCandidates who are accompanied by their spouse or common-law partner may get:
- a cap of 500 points for the core human capital components
- a maximum of 100 points are available for factors relating to transferable skills
- a provincial nomination is eligible for 600 points
- a suitable offer of organized employment may earn up to 200 points
- 30 points maximum for studying abroad in Canada
- French language proficiency paired with English language proficiency is worth up to 50 extra points
- maximum of 15 points in Canada for siblings.
- a maximum of 460 points for the principal applicant's fundamental human capital components;
- a maximum of 40 points for the spouse or common-law partner's basic human capital factors;
- a provincial nomination is eligible for 600 points; or
- a suitable offer of organized employment may earn up to 200 points; and
- 30 points are possible for studying in Canada.
- French language proficiency paired with English language proficiency is worth up to 50 extra points; and
- A Canadian sibling may receive up to 15 points (one sibling of the primary applicant and the accompanying spouse/common-law partner are taken into account).
This is indeed the best time to apply for Canada PR
, as you can receive additional CRS scores for your online education. As the Canada Express Entry draws resumed and is in full swing, you should submit your application today.
Read More: Top 10 tips to boost your CRS score
We welcome your feedback
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *