A Canadian citizen or permanent resident may sponsor their spouse to immigrate to Canada and establish a permanent residence. Canada stands strong on the value of intact families. Applications seeking spousal sponsorship are therefore given top attention. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and satisfy the requirements listed below, you may be qualified to sponsor your spouse, conjugal partner, or common-law partner.
- at least 18 years of age
- Live in Canada or intend to do so when your spouse or partner is admitted as a permanent resident
- are able and willing to meet your spouse's or partner's basic necessities for three years.
Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible to apply through this stream even if they do not have legal status in Canada since they will be protected by a public policy that permits them to remain there while their application is being processed. The drawback of this particular stream is that the applicant must postpone any international trip while the application is being processed.
Let US Know more about how can get a Canada spouse visa
Applications for spousal sponsorship go through the entire processing cycle in around a year. Normally, they don't take much longer than a year to process, but it depends on the specifics of your case.
The processing of your application will be delayed and take longer if it is problematic or the visa office needs further evidence of your relationship.
Making sure that your sponsorship application is completed accurately the first time is the best approach to guarantee that it is processed as promptly as possible if you hire a registered and licensed immigration consultant.
The application cost for Canada Spouse Visa
The following is a list of the government processing fees for sponsoring your spouse, domestic partner, or common-law partner in Canada. If your husband, conjugal partner, or common-law partner is your sponsor and they have dependent children, you will also need to pay an additional $155 for each child listed on the application.
- Sponsorship fee: $75
- Principal applicant processing fee: $490
- Right of permanent residence fee: $515
- Biometrics: $85
- Total: $1165
An additional $310 CAD charge must be paid on top of the expenses listed above if the sponsor already lives in Quebec or plans to move there after receiving permanent residency.Book your Free Consultation
Documents required for Canada Spouse Visa
The following documents when requesting to sponsor a spouse:
- filled-out application forms;
- filled-out application forms;
- Identity proof, a marriage license, police clearances from every country your spouse has resided in for six months or more after turning 18, and a police certificate are all required.
- a health record for your spouse;
- evidence of payment of all required government fees;
- online picture;
- Questionnaire for Sponsorship Evaluation and Relationship Information;
- a certificate of marriage (if you are not married, see common-law);
- photographs and invitations to weddings;
- documents proving the birth or adoption of any children you and your spouse had together;
- evidence that a marriage has been registered with a government agency
You must present two of the following documents to prove your relationship:
- Evidence that you and your spouse jointly possess the property
- joint bank accounts,
- invoices for utilities in both of your names,
- a copy of a government-issued ID,
- car insurance
- Tax returns or pay stubs proving your residency at the same address
If you are considering sponsoring your partner when you are in a common-law relationship, immigration officials will need the following evidence:
Additionally, at least two of the following papers:
- Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation
- For any children you and your common-law partner share, birth certificates or adoption records
- Evidence that you have been living together for at least a year in the form of photos of you and your common-law partner showing that you are in a romantic connection
- documents, such as employment or insurance benefits, that show you are each other's recognized common-law partner
- Proof of your partner's financial assistance or evidence of the two of you sharing expenses
- evidence that your friends and family are aware of your relationship (letters, emails, social media)
You must demonstrate the validity of your connection in order to be eligible for spousal sponsorship of any kind. Depending on the details of your connection, immigration agents will take a number of things into account. Make sure you let your spouse's visa be handled by a registered and licensed immigration consultant
Read More: How much time does it take for a spouse visa application to process in Canada?