All about Canada Tourist Visa from India
Canada is surrounded by towering mountain ranges, deserts, wooded valleys, and beautiful lakes. Whether you choose to spend your time hiking among the rocks, learning about maritime history, or seeing the cities of Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver, Canada has something for everyone. But, to experience all of this, you must first obtain a Tourist Visa. It is a must for Indian visitors to acquire a Canada visitor visa to travel Canada because as of now, the Canadian visa on arrival option is not available for Indian visitors. As a result, Indians must acquire a valid visa before traveling to Canada.
Step by Step guide to apply for Canada Visitor Visa from India
Step 1 – Canada visitor visa application is a simple online process wherein you will receive the following benefits:
- There are no courier fees or postal delivery times, so you can submit your application immediately.
- Online applications are handled faster thereby preventing processing delays.
- Incomplete applications are returned to you.
- Applying online ensures that your application is complete before submitting it.
- If you need to submit additional papers, you may do so promptly online.
- You do not need to provide your passport unless you are asked to do so.
- You can check your online account for your application status updates.
Step 2 - Once you've applied online for a visa, you'll be asked to provide your fingerprints and a photograph.
In most situations, you will be asked to provide biometric information. After paying the biometrics cost and submitting your application, you will receive a letter stating that you must provide your biometrics. The letter will instruct you on how and where to provide your biometrics. You will have about 30 days to provide your biometrics (in person). The instruction letter is only available if you pay the biometrics cost.
Step 3 - After biometrics have been completed, your Canada visitor visa application will be processed. Your application will be reviewed, and if your documents are missing, they will be returned unprocessed.
You may also be invited to attend an interview with the officials in your country, to provide further information, or to undergo a medical examination.
After your application is processed, your passport and other original papers will be returned to you. The visa will be stamped inside your passport if your application is granted.
Step 4 - Even if you have a valid visiting visa and travel documents, you may not be able to enter Canada. When you arrive, your identity will be verified using fingerprints at the main inspection kiosk to ensure that you are the same person who has been granted permission to come to Canada.
Step 5 - If you pass the identification check and fulfill the entrance conditions, the border services officer may stamp your passport or tell you how long you are allowed to stay in Canada. In normal cases, you can stay in Canada for up to six months.
Documents required for Canada Visitor Visa
The following documents are necessary for a tourist visa to Canada:
- Original passports having a 6-month validity period from the date of entry into Canada, including any previous passports.
- Forms for visa applications
- 3 colour photograph: 35mm x 45mm, white backdrop, matt finish, face size of 80%
- Covering letter stating the applicant's details, trip, and the other members traveling with you.
- Itinerary for a day-to-day tour
- Employer/School/College original leave letter
- If you are employed, please provide salary slips for the previous six months.
- If you are self-employed, you must comply with the Shop Act, the Memorandum of Association, and the Deed.
- Original personal bank statements for the last six months, with a healthy and sufficient balance.
- Income tax returns / Form 16 for the last three years
- If you are a student, please provide a copy of your school/college ID card.
- If retired, provide documentation of retirement/pension passbook or slips.
- Other financial documents include FDs, NSCs, PPFs, shares, and property papers, among others.
Canada Visitor Visa Fees from India
- Visitor visa (including super visa) for CAD 100 per person
- Visitor visa for a family of five or more individuals for CAD 500
- Extend your stay as a guest for CAD 100 per person
- Restore your visitor status for CAD 200.
Processing time for a Canadian tourist visa for Indians
A tourist visa for Canada can be processed in as little as 15 days. The processing time will vary depending on the location of the application centre, the particular case, and the papers supplied.
Why Nationwide Visas?
We at Nationwide Visas have assisted thousands of individuals to successfully immigrate to Canada with their families under different programs or on a tourist visa. Our qualified and experienced Immigration Experts are equipped with the proficiency to accurately assess your case and advise the most suitable course of action for best serving your needs.
Nationwide has accumulated a treasure of goodwill and exhaustive experience over the last 14 years in this dynamic immigration industry and has constantly facilitated a wide range of aspiring immigrants to achieve their desired overseas goals.
We are among the top brands in the Immigration sector with an outstanding track record of several thousands of Canadian tourist visas for Indians. The following factors make us the best Immigration Consultant for a Canada PR Visa:
- Our Consultation is offered by authorized and licensed Immigration Consultants
- Step-by-Step guidance through eligibility and process
- We maintain a Secure Online Process & transparency
- System of Complaint Redress for any process
- Experience of having processed more than 30,000 applications
- Every case is assessed multiple times before submission
- Easy evaluation of the qualifications and other skills